Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hello Food Lovers


I would like to introduce myself as a ‘Gourmet’ businessman from Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat, India. I started my career in Pune in 1994, with the launch of my first restaurant Divine Garden with Indian and Chinese themes. Buoyed by the success of my first venture, I was fired up to launch another ‘Foodies’ delight; Hasuka Israeli, with a Middle eastern theme. It was especially popular with international travelers coming to the Osho Ashram in Pune. Multiple praises for Hasuka Israeli  motivated me to move to Goa; the much sought after international destination in India. Goa, with its historical reputation for fabulous cuisine was a real challenge, which I decided to take on and using my skill and passion for food. I resolved to make a mark in Goa; both with the international traveler and the local sophisticated palettes of Goa.
In 1999, World Kitchen Siona; was born in the heart of  Palolem, one of the lovely beaches at the southern tip of Goa. We specialized in Italian cuisine as well as Indian kebabs, Curries and Tandoori grilled sea food. World Kitchen Siona was decorated  in bamboo with adorable and relaxing cane furniture and informal seating in Indian style which was happily designed by myself. I took such great pleasure from being able to do this with complete freedom. Now nearly a decade old, this restaurant is now managed by my sister, Jyoti and her husband Sachin, it was renamed Spicy Bella in 2010. My family, staff, and I were very pleased when the Lonely Planet, Goa edition, said that our food could compete with a true Italian rival. Besides good food, Siona was near the center for picking up artifacts and treasures for art lovers and collectors in Palolim.
In February 2008, I opened Spicy Bella; an upscale muli-cuisine restaurant in the center of Panaji, Goa, and our crowning achievement. In 2010 I opened a third Spicy Bella in Cavelosim, Goa I felt that today in all humility I could say that I was able to carve a niche on the Goa ‘must try’ restaurant list. Although at the age of 19, I chose jewelry designing as my first career, my instincts lured me toward the hospitality industry, which has now evolved into a passion. And this new life has given me extreme satisfaction and a sense of fulfillment. Years ago I ventured into teaching the Indian culinary art to 1,491 international food lovers from around the world from different professions. I asked the students to return to their home country and teach others what they had been taught; I am proud today that they are good chefs and friends. At Spicy Bella the entire team believes in “work as worship”, and more importantly a celebration…it is Spicy Bella’s core philosophy. And we believe this is what life is all about. I had learned good salesmanship from my childhood, while doing various jobs and business. Sometimes the struggle teaches you well. From the age of 18, I spent a lot of formative years at the Osho ashram in Pune, working in the kitchens. It was here that I also came in contact with numerous foreigners, and at the age of 22, I left the Indian shores and went to Milan; my focus, to be the Ambassador of Indian cuisine.
As time goes on and my successes achieved, I have always remembered a Chinese proverb which goes “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. My team and I keep this on our minds when we prepare every single dish and cater to every customer, adhering to the high standards expected in the international hospitality industry. I have especially conceptualized a serene, blissful ambience at Spicy Bella that exudes a meditative calm, topped with service that is personal and professional to the core. My secret longing is that my guests should revisit my restaurants due to their memorable experience with us.
I have been fortunate to be reviewed and praised in our local newsprint media such as the Herald, Goa’s oldest english daily, The Navhind Times, the Times of India Goa & Pune, Tarun Bharat, Punjab Kesari, Amar Ujala and several other magazines.  To our great delight, our guests who visited us once have kept coming back for more of our culinary delights. During the 2008 edition of IFFI (International Film Festival Of India), at the venue where the films were screened, I conceptualized and executed a new concept in food festival called “SIFFI” (Spicy Bella International Food Festival Invitation). The Chief Minister of Goa (who visited our open court food festival four times!), Ministers, Movie Stars, VVIPs, VIPs, Film Goers, Writers, Directors, and Delegates all visited Spicy Bella and appreciated our efforts for the event as well as the excellent cuisine.
Now, here it is 2014 already and the most exciting things are happening with Spicy Bella. We are remodeling in Panaji to create a beautiful lounge area, and are starting some  theme nights and events. We plan to have a lot of fun with planning our theme nights and have already planned on a “Pajama Party” Theme with Movies, Popcorn, a special menu, and dancing in our PJ’s till the nights end. We have also planned on an “Air Band” competition, Bollywood Dance Nights, Tango Lesson....the list goes on. Stay tuned here for more information, and I hope to post some pictures of Spicy Bella, talk more about what we are doing, share some recipes, and more. Hope you’ll visit!!


Now, here it is 2014 already and the most exciting things are happening with Spicy Bella. We have created a beautiful lounge area, and are starting some  theme nights and events @ Palolem. We plan to have a lot of fun with planning our theme nights and have already planned on a “Pajama Party” Theme with Movies, Popcorn, a special menu, and dancing in our PJ’s till the nights end. We have also planned on an “Air Band” competition, Bollywood Dance Nights, Tango Lesson....the list goes on. Stay tuned here for more information, and I hope to post some pictures of Spicy Bella, talk more about what we are doing, share some recipes, and more. Hope you’ll visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment